Our surgeon will choose the most appropriate method of repairing the area where the lesion has been removed. Please find specific information for wound care below, depending on the type of wound closure and dressing you had attended during your day surgery.
- Surgical sites are vulnerable to the sun, please ensure you protect the area.
- After removal of sutures and when the wound is fully healed, you may use a sunscreen and make up.
- We recommend mineral makeups. Minerals are preservative and talc free, and allow for a natural, even coverage without irritation.
- You may experience slight numbness for three-four weeks around the incision site, which usually resolves.
Your dressings should stay intact until your removal of your sutures. Should you feel your dressing start to lift, please resecure with either micropore tape or a larger waterproof dressing (if used). These can be purchased from your nearest pharmacy.
Please call the Sole’vita Surgery on (02) 6282 1153 to talk to a nurse, if you feel that your dressing has been compromised, due to:
- Blood, or other fluid collection under the dressing
- A reaction to the dressing