Dermal Clinicians are Beauty Therapists who have completed a Bachelor of Health Science in Dermal Therapies. This two and a half year degree has been specifically designed by the University of Victoria to address the need for qualified and registered training in the area of non-surgical rejuvenation of the skin and the operation of laser and light based equipment.
We are very proud to announce the successful higher educational achievements of two of our clinicians. Sally Mackenzie and Carly Whytcross have spent the last 2 ½ years undertaking their Dermal Therapies degree at Victoria University. Sally and Carly have demonstrated considerable growth in their knowledge and more importantly their application of laser and light therapies and are both very keen to stretch this new found wisdom on new and more sophisticated technologies. We are currently researching two new technologies and hope to introduce these services when we move into the new facility,
We are mindful of the number of facilities opening up claiming to have qualifications in this area. However, at CAPS we know the Victoria University is the only course of this nature and after 2 ½ years of traveling to and from Melbourne, Carly and Sally are fiercely protective of its reputation.
Dermal Clinicians are involved in the following treatments:
1. Skin Analysis and Diagnosis
2. Development of Rejuvenation Plan
3. Application of Chemical Epidermal and Dermal Peels
4. Lymphatic Drainage Massage
5. Use of NdYag Lasers - Treatment of Vascular Conditions and Hair Removal
6. Use of Pulsed Light - Treatment of Pigmentation and Hair Removal
7. Use of Infra-red Light - Treatment to tighten and rejuvenate the facial skin.