Project Description


The CAPS Clinic and My Genesis (Canberra ACT) are specialists in Laser Hair Removal Canberra.  Thanks to the introduction of the new Lightsheer Duet Diode Laser we can now offer you the most effective and comfortable hair removal treatment in Canberra.

Laser Hair Removal works by light energy being converted to heat energy causing damage to the hair and its follicle, so that a new hair cannot return. The light from the laser is absorbed by the target which is the melanin (colour) in the hair. Therefore, prime candidates for Laser and IPL treatments are patients with darker hair and lighter skin. If the hair is blonde, red or grey, the result is limited.

More information can be found below.

If you have any further questions, please speak to one of our university qualified Dermal Clinicians.

CALL US TODAY (02) 6282 1155

The new Lightsheer Laser delivers the same excellent laser wavelength (810nm) that we started out with back in 1999, however a new feature of this laser is the method of how this energy is delivered to the follicle.

The Lightsheer’s incredible vacuum suction head delivers the same level of effectiveness without many of the additional products often required.  CAPS now offers the leading technology providing maximum comfort and effectiveness for your laser hair treatment in Canberra.

The difference in speed and comfort of the treatment is incredible (up to 75% faster) as the spot is more than twice as large as traditional lasers.  And because it’s faster, it’s cheaper!

LightSheer DUET Brochure 

There is no permanent laser or IPL hair removal system currently on the Canberra hair removal market. All Laser and Pulsed Light systems are only approved for ‘permanent hair reduction’. This means at the conclusion of your 4-6 treatments, you can expect 80% permanent hair reduction with the remaining 20% of hairs being finer and lighter in colour.  
Hair can be removed from all parts of the body including the face, legs, arms, underarms, and back. Sensitive areas like the chest, nipples, and bikini line can also be successfully treated.
Dermal Clinicians are university qualified skin and laser specialists who have completed a Bachelor of Health Science in Dermal Therapies. This degree has been specifically designed by Victoria University in Melbourne to address the need for qualified and registered training in the area of non-surgical rejuvenation of the skin as well as the safe operation of laser and light based equipment.

In an unregulated industry, unfortunately not all practitioners providing these services have the necessary qualifications and training to undertake treatments in a safe and effective manner. Before undertaking any treatments you should ask about qualifications – Does the practitioner have nationally accredited qualifications that are dermal therapy specific and from a university or a registered training organisation?

Most areas require 4-6 treatments, often with 50% reduction seen after your very first treatment. The exact number of hair removal Canberra treatments required for optimal long-term benefits depends on multiple factors – hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s growth cycle. Interestingly, not all hairs are actively growing at the same time and actually go through three distinct phases: growth, regression, and resting. Hair removal treatments work by disabling the hair that is principally in the active growth phase at the time of treatment.
Immediately following your hair removal treatment, the area may appear a bit red and swollen, similar to waxing. Three to seven days after treatment you may experience what seems to be regrowth of hair. Actually, within 1-3 weeks these hairs will shed as a result of your treatment. Between treatments you should not wax or pluck your hair, but it is ok to shave.
Although patients experience few side effects, the most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin, similar to waxing. These effects typically last for several hours or less. In very rare instances, blistering may occur. Treatment benefits and risks will be discussed in detail during an in-depth consultation with your Dermal Clinician.
If you’ve walked around your local shopping centre recently you’ll have noticed the myriad of places offering laser hair removal treatments. Many entice people through their doors with “too good to be true” prices, which unfortunately are. With little regulations in place, untrained operators are obtaining cheap equipment and producing poor results.

At The CAPS Clinic, an initial consultation takes approximately 45 minutes, and following your consultation, you will have a formal quote valid for 3 months. The treatment cost is dependent on the area/s being treated but you can be assured that we will provide the best possible results in the least number of treatments.